26 November 2010

Hello Sheila!

Earlier this week I decided that I should take the time to write to Sheila Wheeler, the Chief Executive of Somerset County Council. I decided that I should share with her my concerns about the chopping noises that are emanating from County Hall and I reproduce the letter below (as ever, click or double click to see a larger version):


At the same time, I shared with Sheila a little diagram that I've been working on. Its an attempt to illustrate how the money-go-round (capitalism to you and me) how this carousel works. What I'd like to know more about is the bit where money 'cascades down' from County to Parish. I'd be very interested to know where the Town & Parish Councils and their Precept, where does that show up in the accounts.


Anyone who can advise me on these little matters, please get in touch. And that goes for you as well, Ken.

Till next time, I'm Niall Connolly