12 June 2009

I'm in heaven...........

Today was a great day. Not because my blood pressure was 140/70 but because I was able to spend time at the best cafe hereabouts, ArtTeaZen in Langport.


Its a truly inspirational place which, apart from serving great tea and toasted tea cakes, has a really good feel. The decor is Indian textile funk with a splash of Bash Street Viz about it and the music is consistently excellent, varying everywhere between classic rock and jazz but always interesting. Because of the care and attention that Jack, the owner, has lavished on it, the place attracts an eclectic clientele who add greatly to the experience.


I was lucky enough to take tea there this morning and share the experience with a housewife/superstar, a textile artist and a woman with a smile which lit up the room. How lucky can a boy be? If you were asking my advice, I'd say, "Be there!".

And that set me up for the day so I meandered back to Somerton via Muchelney.......











.....then along the A372 and onto the backroads at Pibsbury.....



....and back onto the A372 then left along Hermitage Road.......



.....and right, onto the B3153 where I ended up in the Skate Park to look at the graffiti that has so exercised some members of the Town Council.



If I was thinking of doing something about the graffiti it would be to send someone to graffiti school so that they could do it better.

Till next time.

Niall